Olympic Mountaineers Lacrosse!
Home of the PA/Sequim High School Lacrosse, PA/Sequim Boys Youth Lacrosse and PA/Sequim Girls Youth Lacrosse. Our expanding lacrosse programs support our growing Mountaineer teams. We currently have a boys middle school, high school and a girls team. Our goals are to continually expand to include a program that will allow youth of all ages to experience and play lacrosse on the North Olympic Peninsula.
After our local high schools lost funding for lacrosse, due to budget cuts, local parents set out to build a private lacrosse club. Sanctioned to continue competition with Washington State’s school lacrosse programs. Currently we have players from both Port Angeles and Sequim, and are hoping to be able to include players from Port Townsend as well as Joyce, and any other area that individuals would like to come and be a part of a game that promotes athleticism, sportsmanship, and discipline for which Lacrosse is rapidly gaining high recognition.
We are a non-profit club, which exists through donations and year-round fund-raising events. If you would like to know more or be a part of this great, growing program, feel free to contact us.
- Final Round – Rock, Paper, Scissors Saturday evening June 15th from 6:30 – 8:30 pm Port Angeles’ BarN9NE hosts the Championship round of the 2nd annual Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament. Sponsored by Peninsula Bottling, all proceeds from this least athletic, yet outrageously fun competition go to support one of the most athletic youth sports on the North Olympic Peninsula; The Olympic Peninsula Mountaineers Youth Lacrosse Program. The event is open to all ages 12 and above.The Championship this year features the two first round winners, Just Smoked Salmon and The Kool Kids, against two wild card playoff champions to be determined in open rounds prior to the actual championship event. The wild card rounds are open to all previous competitors as well as any team of four who wish to enter the competition prior to the actual 6:30 pm start time. Referees Mic Sager & Dave Farrington will officiate the charitable showdown.If your business or group has 4 quick fisted fun loving teammates & would like to enter the tournament (charitable entry fee is $100 per team of 4. Each participant receives a free tournament T shirt, 5 raffle tickets, and one free drink), or if your business has items it can donate for the tournament raffle, please leave your contact information with the North Olympic Peninsula Mountaineers Lacrosse team @ (360) 232-4506 or show up no later than 6:30 pm at BarN9NE on Front Street in Port Angeles.Don’t miss the action! Admission is free. Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
Event & General Announcements:
- Lacrosse in the winter… Photos Courtesy of Danielle Patterson
- HS Game Location Changes Tomorrow’s game will be played at Agnew Field (The practice field) NOT Carrie Blake. Players will be expected to show up at the same time as previously discussed (3:45) Saturday’s game location TBA. Game starts at 2. Show up early as discussed with coach Dave.
- Time Keepers, Score Keepers, Side line Managers A great way to volunteer and learn more about this game is by helping out. If you are interested in learning more and/or would like to volunteer to be a time keeper or score keeper, please contact Sharon Prosser. We need three for each game/team. This is an important job, as we are the “official” record when we are playing home games. You are needed! Also, we need sideline managers; the basic job description for a sideline manager is crowd control. It is with your help to make sure that the fans are not too rowdy (as we can occur penalties for fans being “too” excited.) As well as making sure that the fans stay outside the set borders of the playing field. Please contact your teams coach if you would like more information or to volunteer for this position. Thank you for your volunteer time.
Up Coming Events & Games:
- June 26, 2013 6:30 pmBOARD MEETING
- July 24, 2013 6:30 pmGENERAL MEETING
- July 28, 2013Xcelerate Lacrosse Camp
- August 3, 2013 8:00 amSea Town Lacrosse Clinic, Tim Mackay instructor
- August 15, 2013Clallam County Fair
- No upcoming events